Friday, January 24, 2014

Shifting from Jaipur to New Delhi

After one and half year of staying in Jaipur, I decided to came back to Delhi. My Problem was my bike which I did not know how to take with me. I was not in mood to ride three Hundred Kilometer on my bike. And more, I was not confident that it would not brake down on the way. So, I had two options - i.Call movers and packers ii. Book by train. I decided to go for the later.

I searched for the booking rules. I found that bike can be booked and transferred by train in two ways:
1) As parcel: Book in advance it will take its own time to reach, no ticket required.(Between 3 to 7 days)
2) Along with ticket: If you traveling in same train, you can take your bike with you. Bit costly and quicker compare to first one. (Comes along with you in same train)


I decided to go for the later as it was quicker. I bought a ticket for me and shown to the booking clerk to book my bike. He told me to fill the form and pack the bike. At 10:30 at night in winter, I had no any material to pack my bag. But thankfully, some men were available and they packed my bike with sag. Of course I had to pay him Rs 200 for this help. And yes, you need to empty the oil tank before packing the bike.
Along with the form I attached photocopy of Registration Certificate, Printed train ticket and my Driving Licence.
I reached station one hour before the train time to ensure that my bike gets loaded in the same train, although it was not necessary (to be there). 
Booking charge from Jaipur to Old Delhi : 640 Rs.
When I was coming out of the station with my bike in old Delhi, a police constable asked for Rs 50, although I had the gate pass and all the other papers. I paid him as I did not want to get into any trouble, thinking that some day Kejriwal will reach up to him also.

No comments: