Sunday, March 2, 2014

Accident

On 28th February, I met with an accident while going to office. I was behind a car and approaching a traffic signal when it was yellow and about to turn red. I was slowing down. My bike was still just behind the car.  When speed of my bike had reached almost 15 km/h, suddenly for a second--just for a second-- my mind went blank, I don't know why; probably I was too exhausted. I didn't know when my bike hit the car from behind and I fell down on my right side on the road with my bike. Just before a second I was on my bike, but now, the bike was on me. The traffic had come to a halt; probably the light had turned red. Luckily the helmet was on my head. I looked around. A biker, who was ahead of the car, dismounted and came to me. He helped me and my bike to get up. I noticed that I had hit the back-light of the car and it was smashed. Nobody got down from the car. The biker helped me to take my bike to the footpath. I took out my helmet and uttered 'thank you'. But he was not there to listen to me. He was back to his bike; the red light was about to turn green.

I felt pain in my whole body. Little finger of my left hand was split vertically up to distal interphalangeal joint and blood was pouring out. I wanted to go to hospital immediately, but I couldn't see any around. An auto rickshawwala told that there was a small clinic in the market nearby and he could take me there. I left my bike there on the footpath and went into auto. He dropped me near a small clinic. I asked him for the fare, but he refused to take. I was surprised at his philanthropic behavior. I had money and I was not unconscious, still he denied. I thanked him and went to the clinic. There, a person did the first aid, dressed my wound and suggested me to go to a hospital as my finger needed to be stitched. I thanked him and took out my purse. He refused to take any money. Again, I was surprised. Anyway, I went to my bike, my bike was still there, nobody had stolen it, police hadn't towed it away. I rode again and went to my office. Office was not very far from there and there was a big hospital near my office. I was all alone in Delhi; I thought anybody in my office could help me in case I needed. I went to my office first, and then to the hospital. Doctor got my finger x-rayed and discovered that it was fractured. They stitched it, plastered it and recommended medicines to take for 15 days.  I had to take leave that day. But, next day I was back to my office.







 My little finger 6 hours after the accident





On third day, open for dressing










On 18th Day, stitch has been just removed

No comments: